…because adoptive families, adoptees, birth families should be able to work with professionals that understand the intricacies of adoption. This free training is provided to those that support and work with all members of the adoption community.
Adoption Competency Training is being offered by various providers in the community. As I learn of them, I will share them on Central Florida Adoptions Facebook Page.
The curriculum includes the following modules:
- The Psychology of Adoption
- Life Cycle Experiences and Developmental Stages of Adopted Children
- Issues in the Adoption of Older Children
- Trauma Informed Care/Attachment-Focused Therapy for Adoptive Families
- Family-Focused Therapy & Individual Therapy for Adopted Children, Teens and Families
- Management of Behavior Problems and Discipline for Traumatized Children
- Review of Core Issues in Adoption and Therapeutic Techniques
The DCF Office of Family Safety collaborated with Children’s Mental Health Office, and the Community Based Care agencies to bring the Rutgers University adoption competency certification program to Florida. Rutgers University has been providing this certification program in New Jersey for over ten years with much success.